Monday, September 1, 2008

MR. FISH MAKES A SUGGESTION



A note from Mr. Fish:

Justin,

Velma and I have returned safely from our summer of expeditions in locations I choose not to disclose since you have a tendancy to post my emails. I've noticed some regularity with the blog, which is refreshing. Velma mentioned that perhaps elaborating more on Irving Lincoln, the Communipaw, and points in the Washington Irving material could be necassary. I suggested posting a link to Knickerbocker's History of New York from Project Gutenberg since the book itself is out of print.

Hope your summer was restful and productive. Sure to see you soon.

Best,

Nick



Mr. Fish's idea is a capital one. Below please find the link to Project Gutenberg's online edition of Washington Irving's Knickerbocker's History of New York


There you'll be able to read reference's to the mythical Communipaw Dutch community as referenced in Velma's recent journal postings. It's http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/13042
I've also found this website on Irving's Communipaw which my be of interest.

http://www.online-literature.com/irving/3685/


Photo: www.aboutbookbinding.com

No comments: